breaking news

Saturday 27 October 2012

day fifty-seven and the last laugh



“She’s getting away in the autogyro!” shouted Ron.
“Mmm, I don’t think so!” said Benny, producing the autogyro’s joystick from his pocket. “I had an idea she’d do that!”
Ron and Benny, and the spiders, who had jumped onto the window-sill, watched as the Spy, realising she couldn’t fly the autogyro, jumped out and hurriedly clambered aboard the airship. A few seconds later it took off. They continued watching until the airship was out of sight.
“Well, she’s gone!” said Ron.
“Yes, and I don’t think we’ll be seeing her again for a while,” said Benny.
“Surely you’ll bump into her at the Imperial Palace, won’t you?” said Ron.
“Maybe not. Once I’ve returned the autogyro I’ll be coming back here,” said Benny.
“But what about your job? You’re the head-chef in the Imperial Kitchen!” said Ron, confused.
“I suspect that was just to get me out of the way” said Benny. “I think the Emperor wanted the Spy to locate S.M.I.R.K. and scare him off.” 
“.....Nnfh....” said Ron.
“Anyway, the mission was accomplished - in a roundabout way,” said Benny.
“Fhuur...” said Ron, his eyes rolling around as he tried to comprehend everything.
“Let’s have some soup!” said Benny.
“Yes, I’m starving!” said Ron, recovering at the thought of some nourishment. “Not beetroot, though!”
Ron and Benny and the spiders all laughed.

© David Severn 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment