breaking news

Sunday 15 July 2012

day forty-eight and a V.V.I.P.

"Who's there?!" said Ron instinctively. Benny gave him a very stern look.
"The Emperor!" came the reply.
"The Emperor who?" said Ron. He couldn't help it.
"The Emperor Peng Win! And he commands that you open the door!" Benny opened the door quickly.

The Emperor and his retinue entered the Soup Shack. "Are you the proprieter of this establishment?" asked the Emperor, looking at Benny. 
"Yes, I am, Your Excellency. Benny, at your service," replied Benny, hitting a strong but humble tone.
"So this must be Ron!" said the Emperor.
"Yes, I'm Ron," said Ron. "At your service, Your Eggsellency."
The Emperor stroked his Imperial moustache.
"I have come here today to offer my profound gratitude to you, Ron, for saving the lives of the passengers and crew of Flight..." one of the footmen whispered in the Emperor's ear, "... of Flight X252. For your bravery and selflessness I award you the highest honour at my disposal: the Emperor's Big Gold medal."
The Emperor took the medal from a case held by a footman and put the ribbon over Ron's head. "Thank you very much." said Ron, "I like it!"
The Emperor smiled and said, "I'm glad you like it! Wear it with pride, you are a hero!""
"Yes, I will," said Ron. "I won't sell it."
"Mmm," said the Emperor. "Now, Benny."
"Yes, Your Highness?" said Benny.
"I understand that you also played a part in this rescue, by beating-off the attackers when they returned to assault the airship a second time," said the Emperor.
"Yes, but.." said Benny.
"But nothing, Benny. I also owe you my sincerest gratitude for your actions," said the Emperor. "I have a very special gift for you." 
The Emperor took an object from a case held by another footman. It was a small model of the Imperial Palace in a glass dome, which was full of water. The Emperor gave it a gentle shake and gave it to Benny saying, "Look, it's snowing!"
"Thank you very much, Your Niceness." said Benny.
"And also I grant you the right to put "By Appointment to His Excellency, Emperor Peng Win II" on your shop sign and menu and letters etc.  You can stick it wherever you like within reason."
"Thank you very much, Your Highnice," said Benny.
"And now I'd like to try some of your famous soup!" said the Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment