breaking news

Friday 21 September 2012

day fifty-one and chase the spy



“Spycy Dumplings”

Step 1: Mix the flour, water and fat together in a mixing bowl or large flowerpot. I soon had the rotor-sledge started, it’s engine humming nicely. I had a thought and went back into the Soup Shack to get a spoon, then I got into the rotor-sledge and took off.

Step 2: Make a nice stew. In a few minutes I was zooming high above the mountain. Some goats ran away. Some just stood still. A hare leaped around crazily. A condor glided up close and said how-do-you-do. And then I saw the spy!

Step 3: Put the dumplings in the stew and simmer gently for thirty minutes. And the spy saw me! She ran and fell as I brought the rotor-sledge in as low as I dared. And the same thing on the next pass. And again. The fourth time though, she turned around and pointed the snow-pistol directly at me and fired!

Step 4: When the dumplings are fluffy you can serve. Oh, I forgot to say add seasoning to the dumpling mix, sorry. Keeping the rotor-sledge steady with one hand, I quickly pulled out the spoon I had brought with me and held it up in front of me, reflecting the ice spray back at the spy.
She got hit in the shoulder and snow started shooting out like sparks from a Roman candle.

Step 5: If the dumplings are not fluffy, you have done something wrong, so go back and start again. The spy slid down the mountain, still flapping at her shoulder. I hovered above and just saw her reach the bottom. She stood up and stumbled off in a dizzy zig-zag.

Bwaaaarrrmble! Ron’s stomach rumbled as he turned the page.

© David Severn 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment