breaking news

Wednesday 6 June 2012

day forty-seven and twelve-thirteenths

The airship was gently bobbing up and down on the ledge outside the Soup Shack. I could see Capt. Cookie in the cockpit drinking his take-away coffee and getting ready to take off. One of the stewards was waiting at the open door and I climbed aboard. When I turned to look back at the Soup Shack I saw Benny standing outside waving (although he still looked stern). I wanted to jump off again and go back to talk to him - there were so many things I wanted to ask him, but the steward closed the door and bolted it. 
How did Benny come to be here in the Chilly Peaks? I took my seat and fastened my seatbelt. Did he tug on a rope, like I did? The airship started to rise into the air. I wonder if he'll ever come back to the policebirdbox? I looked out of the porthole and saw him still standing outside the Soup Shack, still waving. I wonder if I'll ever see him again? The airship climbed higher. Lemonade or sparkling mountain spring water? One of the stewards had come around with some drinks. As the airship slowly floated away, I could just see Benny go back inside the shack. Lemonade, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment