breaking news

Sunday 8 April 2012

day forty-seven and ten-elevenths

Now I'm inside the Soup Shack, getting warm. Soup of the Day is mountain-potato & edelweiss root, which is hot at least. The coffee is also hot. I see, though, that the penguins prefer iced coffee.
The owner of the Soup Shack, a tall, stocky birdman, looks quite familiar. I feel like I've met him before, but that's not possible. But who does he remind me of? He looks kind of stern. Oh! Bill & Bobby! He looks like the policebirdmen! Could he be the legendary third policebirdman brother who disappeared a long time ago? What was his name? Barry? No. Bertie? No. Blinky? Boz? Bunny? Basher? No, none of those. Boots? Blake? Bjorn? Harry? No, it definitely begins with "B". Buckingham? Breakwind? Bottletop? No, too formal. Beaky? Bignose?
Now Captain Cookie is making an announcement:"We'll be going in a minute everybody". And then he says, "Can I have another coffee to take out, please, Benny."
Benny! That's it! It must be him - Bill & Bobby's brother, Benny!

No comments:

Post a Comment