breaking news

Tuesday 27 March 2012

day forty-seven and three-quarters

The airship was just approaching Watercolour Lake and I was preparing myself to let go of the rope, when suddenly I felt myself being pulled upwards again, except this time it wasn't the airship climbing into the air, in fact I was being hoisted into it. Ten seconds later I was being bundled aboard by two air steward penguins. They asked me a lot of questions about who I was and why I was on the end of their rope and they seemed to be satisfied with my answers.
They showed me to a seat at the rear of the airship cabin and brought me a boarding pass and a miniature bottle of brandy (which had a slightly fishy odour). The other passengers, mostly penguins, occasionally turned around to look at me, but they didn't seem too perturbed to see a random stork in their midst. For a while I gazed out of the small porthole at the landscape of muddy hills and valleys below, but before long I was brought a glass of champagne (which also had a slightly fishy odour) and a plate of raw anchovies (of course they did), followed by a lemon curd tart (yes, it did).

No comments:

Post a Comment